ALLIEDS & OTHER MISCELLANEOUS HEALTH CARE PRACTITIONERS – INDIVIDUAL OR GROUP | MEDICAL DIRECTORS | MEDISPAS
Personal medical liability coverage has changed a lot in recent years. Healthcare has seen the role of miscellaneous physicians and allied medical professionals continue to grow and expand. Along with these increased responsibilities in care, there has been an equal rise in risk exposure. With this change in business operations, more and more of these professionals are in need of personal medical liability coverage. Our access to various markets across the US makes finding coverage easier, even for those hard to place specialties.
Medical Malpractice Insurance
Professional personal medical liability coverage provides protection against covered claims arising from real or alleged errors or omissions, including negligence, in the course of your professional duties. For Healthcare workers, this is commonly referred to as, "Medical Malpractice Insurance" or simply, "Med Mal." It can also be known as an "Errors and Omissions" policy.
Healthcare Professional Services, Inc. has a variety of health care insurance options that help you minimize your risk and ensure that you can practice medicine with peace of mind. Our relationship with our providers has grown over the years and we can fully support you with knowledgeable agents providing both online and phone support. 9 out of 10 clients say they would recommend our products to a friend or colleague, so reach out, we’re here to help!
Why should you consider personal liability insurance? You may be right in that your employer has coverage that can protect you, but there are situations that having your own medical based personal liability coverage could save you a lot of trouble. In cases where there is an action against your licence, or employer takes administration action against you and volunteer or moonlighting work. Having a personal medical liability coverage will help protect you against all the things that your employers policy won’t cover. there is nothing better than having a legal team on speed dial that represents you and your reputation. Having your own personal medical liability insurance policy will give you protection that goes way beyond your employers coverage for way less than you think.
WHO SHOULD CONSIDER THIS TYPE OF COVERAGE?
- Podiatrists, Dentists, Oral Surgeons, Psychologists, and Psychiatrists
- CRNAs, Nurse Midwives, Physician Assistants, Surgical Assistants, Nurses, and Nurse Practitioners
- Paramedics, EMTs, Perfusionists, Acupuncturists, Ocularists, Optometrists, and Pharmacists
- Medical Directors for qualified facilities
A complete application for Miscellaneous Health Care Practitioners will include:
- Fully completed appropriate insurer application.
- Application must include complete insurer history with an explanation for any gaps in coverage.
- Appropriate claim supplement forms for all previous claims with narratives detailing course of treatment, allegations and current status of claim.
- Current loss runs from all insurers, with most markets requiring a minimum of the last 10 years.
- Copy of current medical license.
- Copy of Board Certification, if applicant is a board certified practitioner.
- Copy of CV (curriculum vitae). Also referred to as a medical resume.
- Copy of current insurer Declarations page showing current policy retroactive date of coverage.
- Copies of any advertising or website information that applicant may be using regarding their practice services.
- Copy of current business letterhead.
- Articles of Incorporation are required by several insurers if the applicant operates a legally named entity and is requesting shared limits coverage for said entity.