Established over 40 years ago, ISMIE has committed themselves to helping Health Care Professionals practice without the fear and constraints of Medical Liability Litigation
ISMIE provides the ensuring protection, defense and support that physicians want and today’s environment demands. ISMIE has earned a nationwide reputation as an innovator in professional liability coverage, throughout the national audience that they serve. Their broad product offering ensures that the needs of policyholders are always met. Built by and for health care professionals, ISMIE continues to implement a team-based approach to the defense of claims, giving policyholders confidence and comfort at every step of the process. Read about them below and then call us to discuss the selling strength and security of ISMIE.
At A Glance:
- Rated A- (Excellent) by A. M. Best.
- Authorized to do business in multiple states and growing rapidly
- Provides both Claims Made and Occurrence policies.
- Flexibility in both coverage and limits for customized, enhanced protection.
- Policy options include:
- Cyber liability coverage $500K/entity $100K/physician
- Regulatory actions protection
- Per patient rated policies are available.
- Shared limits are available.
- Premium discounts are available.
- Proven record of 40 years of claims management success.
- Risk management and CME offerings, both online and home study programs, are available.
ISMIE Mutual has dominated the Illinois market since the mid-1970’s. ISMIE is policy-holder owned and focused on products and services that meet the changing needs of physicians and healthcare professionals across all practice settings. ISMIE serves the needs of policyholders, not shareholders.
- Licensed and admitted in 11 states, which include Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Missouri, Ohio and Pennsylvania and the District of Columbia.
- A- Excellent AM Best Rating.
- Product Features.
- Customized Coverage.
- Absolute Insured Right to Defend.
- Automatic Cyber Coverage.
- $500k/entity $100k/ physician.
- Defendant Reimbursement.
- Medicare Investigation Reimbursement.
- Licensing Agency Proceeding Reimbursement.
- Broad Scope Prior Acts Coverage.
ISMIE Indemnity, is an excess and surplus lines carrier, that is a wholly-owned subsidiary of ISMIE Mutual.
ISMIE Indemnity specializes in professional liability, as well as other coverage, for miscellaneous Healthcare Facilities, Healthcare Staffing and Locum Tenens Agencies, Community Hospitals, Physicians, Physician Groups and other Healthcare Risks
- Authorized in all 50 states, plus Washington D.C. and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
- A- Excellent AM Best Rating.
- Target Classes:
- Healthcare Staffing Agencies
- Locum Tenens Physicians
- Miscellaneous Healthcare Facilities
- Community Hospitals
- Physician Groups
- Standalone Tail
ISMIE has proven the following Fast Facts:
Relentless defense of claims with proven litigation strategies tailored for each litigated case where the analyst, policyholder and defense counsel are equal partners in the handling of the claim.
Sustained courthouse results with an 87$ defense verdict average over the past 10 years, and over 90% the past 3 years.
Established one of the most prolific defense bars in the U.S. for defending medical liability claims.
Policyholders can select their attorney of choice from the panel.
Unprecedented industry leading Physician Review Committee (PRC).
PRC Panel Comprised of 24 actively practicing physicians with all varying specialties who have been sued in their career.
86.0% of ” defended” claims closed without indemnity over the last 10 years.
Even when a decision is to settle, claims close without indemnity over a third of the time (33.8% over last ten years).